This episode is part of the special series on Un-Retirement.
ABOUT MY GUEST:
Mary Beth Simon retired from her long corporate career in December 2018. As planned, she started a consulting company in early 2019.
Mary Beth is part of a growing number of Generation X and Boomers who aren’t interested in putting their feet up and playing golf all day post-retirement. She considers herself 100% retired from her corporate career, but that only means she now has all the time to devote to the next chapter in her professional life.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Mary Beth prepared for her post-retirement career while she was still at Vanguard
- The surprising areas where she felt challenged initially
- The importance of sharing her initial ideas, even though she was still unsure about them
- Letting go of attachments to old career identity
- What helped her the most during her transition