This episode is part of the special series on Un-Retirement.
ABOUT MY GUEST:
Mary Beth Simon retired from her long corporate career in December 2018. As planned, she started a consulting company in early 2019.
Mary Beth is part of a growing number of Generation X and Boomers who aren’t interested in putting their feet up and playing golf all day post-retirement. She considers herself 100% retired from her corporate career, but that only means she now has all the time to devote to the next chapter in her professional life.
You can find Mary Beth Simon at nichepartnershipconsulting.net and on Linkedin.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Mary Beth prepared for her post-retirement career while she was still at Vanguard
- The surprising areas where she felt challenged initially
- The importance of sharing her initial ideas, even though she was still unsure about them
- Letting go of attachments to old career identity
- What helped her the most during her transition
OTHER EPISODES IN THE UN-RETIREMENT SERIES
Ep 179: Leaving the Career You Worked Hard to Build with Paula Adler
Ep 178: What is a Midlife Gap Year with Lisette Smith
Follow Second Breaks on Instagram
Connect with Lou Blaser on LinkedIn